Summer weekends are made for grilling.
Grilling is a very lean healthy eating way to prepare your foods but you do need to watch out for a few “fat traps” when grilling and going to BBQ’s.
So, since the weekend is almost here I want to give you some tips to keep your grilled meals lean and clean 😊
- Skip the hot dog and have a grass-fed hamburger instead.
- Grill chicken breast with a NEW seasoning or marinade to keep things interesting.
- Skip the bread with your burger and wrap all the good stuff in large lettuce leaves.
- If you don’t wish to skip the bread, try hollowing out the insides of your buns. You’ll still have the traditional bun but with less carbs and calories.
- Skip potato chips and choose veggies and hummus or guacamole dip (bring it so you know it’ll be there).
- Make a fresh salad with a ton of veggies and put the dressing in there lightly – oil and vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette. Skip the cream dressings.
- Use smaller plates! Have big portions of healthy items and smaller of the not-so-healthy.
- Don’t hang out near the food table!
- Drink light beer or red wine but skip anything with soda!
- Have a glass of water in between each drink.
- Bring a healthy dish YOU like so you know you’ll have at least that.
- If you’re hosting the party, eat a little prior (healthy foods) so you don’t splurge once everything is out.
- Send leftovers home with everyone else!