It’s official, summer is around the corner!
If you are feeling like it’s time to shed some winter hibernation pounds then I’ve got some tips/info for you.
Some you will know, others might be new, but the one thing that is always important above knowing is DOING.
You will get more benefit out of DOING 2 or 3 of these tips over the next 30-days than simply knowing them for the next 3 months.
Okay, here goes:
– Sugar is the #1 cause of excess fat. It is more addictive than cocaine (crazy but true). The sad thing is almost all processed food has sugar in it so it’s best to limit them in your everyday nutrition in your quest for a better body. Add to that that the more sugar you take in the more you will crave it and it’s vicious cycle you are entering. Break your addiction and watch definition and shape appear like magic.
– Counting macros? Pay attention to the macro most present in a food to determine what category it falls into. Take beans for instance, they are not a protein but a carb since that is the most present macro (if you are a vegan/vegetarian this will differ). It’s good info to know.
– The more vegetables you eat the more MICRO nutrients you will get in your diet. The more nourished you are, the less your body will crave what it’s missing in the form of pizza and sugar. Feed your cells not just your belly!
– If it’s in your house you will eat it! Now after a lot of work and focus you can release the hold these foods have on you but in the meantime, try to keep your home a safe haven and keep the junk out.
– Most labels that proclaim their myriad of health benefits are using deceptive marketing. Assume most is untrue. Read the labels on the back. That is the real story.
– INTENSITY is a must when it comes to your workouts! If you can chit chat the entire time you are doing a workout then you need to step up your game or remain the same.
– Adding in 2-3 hiit sessions a week will change your body in ways you never imagined but only if you apply the step above.
– Instagram shows highlight reels. Don’t compare YOUR body or YOUR ability to what someone captured for 30 seconds. It’s possible to do 25 burpees in a minute and look good on camera but how about set 2, 3 and 4? It’s possible to get lines and cuts to show in the right light and at the right angles but what about when you’re just chilling on the couch? Be inspired, be motivated but don’t compare.
– Healthy food is not expensive, crappy downright poisonous food is dirt cheap. Change your thinking, change your priorities to change your body and your HEALTH!
– Most people don’t take action until it’s too late or things are very critical. Don’t wait to get that nasty health diagnosis, get injured or miss out on life events because you are too unwell or unfit to handle it to make a change.
It’s a new week a new month and a new day. Lets get after it NOW.